Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This looks like it would be delicious . It's from a grocery store handout.
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 mandarin orange (peeled&chopped)
- Whip together balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Add all ingredients to salad contents and toss gently.
- Mandarin orange may be replaced with a tangerine, if you wish.
Very yummy dressing, I did however add 2 additional tablespoons of honey as it was not sweet enough, as well as 3 tablespoons of olive oil to smooth it out. Highly recommended on a salad with walnuts and blue cheese, as well as additional oranges! Yummy!!
In total agreement with Shannon. This recipe needed more sweetener and some olive oil. I also pureed all of the ingredients (except for the almonds) in the food processor. It made a nice sweet onion dressing. Made a salad of lettuce, spinach, slivered almonds, mandarin oranges, chow mein noodles and (home) fried chicken breast and this dressing was the perfect topping. Thank you for posting!