Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
From a cookbook entitled Cake Creations. A fast, easy to make, refreshing cake made from pound cake mix.
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
OH but this was so good! Made in a traditional loaf pan but should have checked after 30 minutes. As it was I had to trim the sides of a dark crust, very unappealing. Like all wet fruit most of the mandarins went to the bottom but it didn't alter the taste of the loaf so all's well that ends well. I'll be making this one again I'm sure of that. Made for Beverage Tag Game. Thanks so much for sharing this yummy cake recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) package poundcake mix
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 9-inch bundt pan.
- Beat cake mix, 1/2 cup orange juice, eggs and milk in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Fold in orange segments. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes on wire rack. Invert cake onto rack, cool completely.
- Combine sugar, orange peel and remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice in small bowl; stir until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake. Allow glaze to set about 5 minutes before serving.