Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the most best salads ever!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 7 cups romaine lettuce
- 7 cups spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced green onions
- 3 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- In a jar with a tight-fitted lid, combine the first five ingredients; shake well. Set aside.
- In a skillet, cook and stir the almonds and sugar over medium heat until sugar is melted and almonds are coated. Spread on foil to cool completely.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, spinach, celery and onions. Add oranges and sugared almonds; toss gently. Shake dressing; drizzle over salad and toss to coat.