Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from Celestial Seasoning's Cookbook
- 5 mandarin orange spice tea bags
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄4 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic (4 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Steep the tea bags in the wine for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze tea bags gently and then discard.
- Set wine aside.
- Blend the beef, pork, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Pour 3/4 cup of the wine into the meat and mix well.
- Form into small meatballs (yields 35-40 meatballs).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium flame and brown the meatballs.
- Remove the meatballs and set aside on a warm platter.
- Carefully pour the grease out of the skillet.
- Add the remaining wine, the cornstarch and the marmalade to the skillet.
- Stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce mixture and simmer 15 minutes.