This wonderful tossed salad is great for a special salad or even a main course. It's one of my most requested recipes. Omit or increase ingredients to suit your taste. Serves 8 as salad, 4-6 as main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 lb fresh shrimp
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1Mix dressing ingredients and let sit over night or at least 3 hours in refrigerator.
- 2Toast almonds and sesame seeds in frying pan.
- 3Chop salad into bite-size pieces.
- 4Slice onion into thin rings.
- 5Cut avocado into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 6Sprinkle lemon juice on avocado if not serving immediately.
- 7Combine all salad ingredients including drained oranges and shrimp.
- 8Toss, dress and serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin Orange Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1215.1
- Calories from Fat 811
- Total Fat 90.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 1078.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.4 g
- Sugars 48.6 g
- Protein 38.2 g