1/1 Photo of Mandarin Orange Scones With Orange Butter
From a TOH booklet. These are a wonderfully flavorful scone with the additoin of the chopped mandarin oranges. Serve with the orange butter and you have a very delicious treat! These are best when served warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange, well-drained & chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons additional sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1In a small bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, orange peel and salt.
- 2Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Combine the egg and milk in a separate bowl and then add to the crumb mixture.
- 4Fold in chopped mandarin oranges just until moistened.
- 5Mix together additional sugar and cinnamon.
- 6Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead gently 10 times.
- 7Pat into a 6 inch circle and then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 8Cut into eight wedges, separate and place onto a greased baking sheet.
- 9Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Remove from pan to a wire rack.
- 11Prepare the orange butter by beating butter and marmalade together in a small bowl until fluffy.
- 12Serve the scones warm with the prepared butter.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin Orange Scones With Orange Butter
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.1
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.7 mg
- Sodium 339.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 5.1 g