Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sauce goes beautifully with crepes. Not too sweet, and super quick and easy to make. I used the crepe recipe posted by MizzNezz (Crepes). I coat the crepes with the sauce and fold into quarters.
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon frozen concentrated orange juice
- Heat oranges, juice, sugar, vanilla and rum over med to high heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water.
- When orange mixture comes to a bowl, stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Cook stirring constantly until thick.
Love this sauce... I add a little honey in with the oranges, and an extra bit of sugar. It is an excellent sauce, everyone I know just loves it. Thanks for the recipe!
Very easy and quick to make. Didn't have rum, but used everything else (except had 11 oz can of oranges). Nice sauce for pancakes. I have a cold, so I'll have to try it again to get more of the flavor :)