Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom uses almonds when she does this salad. I use pecans. You can also "candy" the pecans by putting thime in a pan with some sugar and cooking until the sugar has caramelized. Remove from the heat and pour onto foil and let cool. Break the pecans apart and toss with the salad.
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (4 Tbls if not using Walnut oil)
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil (optional)
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- 3 cups frisee (chicory)
- 3 cups green leaf lettuce
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecan halves
- Whisk together the shallot, vinegar and oil (s).
- Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Right before serving, toss with the greens.
- Top each salad with orange slices and pecans.
Love the dressing. It tastes so much better if you make it the day before you plan on useing it.