Recipe by Miss Erin C.
My mom uses almonds when she does this salad. I use pecans. You can also "candy" the pecans by putting thime in a pan with some sugar and cooking until the sugar has caramelized. Remove from the heat and pour onto foil and let cool. Break the pecans apart and toss with the salad.
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (4 Tbls if not using Walnut oil)
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil (optional)
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- 3 cups frisee (chicory)
- 3 cups green leaf lettuce
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecan halves