Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is only a 1 point salad. You don't need to add any dressing to this because of the flavors of the fruit. You can add a nice light vinegrate.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 -3 slices thin red onions
- Rinse the salad greens thoroughly and dry.
- Arrange greens on 4 individual plates.
- Scatter the kiwi, mandarin oranges, and red onions attractively on top.
Great salad... and you really don't need the dressing at all. I sure didn't miss it and I like to drown my salads in dressing.
This was an excellent salad, even though I varied it quite a bit. I saved $$ by not using any dressing. The fruit juices really flavored this salad. In addition to the kiwi and oranges, I used red grapes for even more color and flavor. I also added chopped pecans. I ommitted the onion because I hate them.
Great salad and so simple! Everyone loved this salad! I used 20 oz of greens with a 15 oz can of mandarin oranges and 2 kiwi sprinkled on top. The red onion was added until it looked about right. We did use some dressing, mostly raspberry vinaigrette. The red onion seemed strong so next time I would maybe coarsely chop it (but the rings looked so nice). We will be having this again! Thanks.