Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a quick and easy salad recipe and is a crowd pleaser. I use splenda instead of sugar and my picky eaters couldn't tell the difference.
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and seperated into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2-1 cup walnut halves
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Toss lettuces, oranges, onion and bell pepper in a large salad bowl. Add mushrooms and avacado if desired.
- Mix oil, vinegar, splenda, basil and garlic powder in a jar and shake.
- Add dressing to salad just before serving.