Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Good enough for a special occasion. Recipe from Junior League of Nashville’s Notably Nashville Cookbook.
For the Salad
- 1⁄2 head leaf lettuce, torn
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Mix the vegetable oil, vinegar, Tabasco sauce, parsley, sugar, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- For the Salad: Combine the leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, scallions, celery, cranberries and oranges in a salad bowl and mix gently. Add the Red Wine Vinaigrette and toss to coat well.
- For the Candied Almonds: Combine the sugar and almonds in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook until the sugar melts, stirring occasionally. Cook until the almonds are evenly coated, stirring constantly. Spread on waxed paper and separate with forks to cool.