Recipe by Science Amy
If desired, replace the canned mandarin orange segments with 2 medium oranges peeled and section, or 1 cup of sliced strawberries in season.
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted, slivered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, celery, onions and mandarin oranges. Set aside.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, parsley, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt. Season with pepper to taste. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with slivered almonds.