Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
If desired, replace the canned mandarin orange segments with 2 medium oranges peeled and section, or 1 cup of sliced strawberries in season.
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted, slivered
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, celery, onions and mandarin oranges. Set aside.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, parsley, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt. Season with pepper to taste. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with slivered almonds.
Best salad I have ever tried,will have it often.All the ingredients were great together.is such a pretty dish,and best of all tastes as good as it looks.
This colorful salad is one I will make again. I did add some thinly sliced purple cabbage and doubled the green onions. The orange, purple, and dark green were so striking in a clear glass bowl. My DH even commented that this was a pretty salad. The ingredients were terrific together. I made the dressing, but added it individually to the servings rather than the bowl. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Reviewed for PAC Fall '07.