Recipe by Edward S
This is my mom's recipe and is ever present at all holidays in my family. I changed it to make it sugar free and low fat. However, you can add the full fat cream cheese, and full fat Cool Whip if you want. It tastes great both ways. If you want thick servings use a smaller dish, if you want thinner use a bigger dish, you decide.
- 1 (5/8 ounce) package sugar-free jello (orange flavor)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Free
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve Jello in 1 cup boiling water, and let cool slightly.
- Then, add to cream cheese and beat till well combined.
- Drain pineapple and mandarin oranges and combine with cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Chill in a Pyrex or other glass casserole dish.
- Chilling overnight works best.
- Serve cold.