Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Mandarin Orange Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 whole green onions, chopped
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 crisp apple, chopped
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a small pan over medium heat, heat almonds and sugar, stirring constantly till almonds are coated -- and sugar is dissolved.watch so they don't burn --
- Cool and store in tight container.
- Mix all dressing ingredients and chill.
- Mix celery, lettuce and onions, just before serving, add almonds.oranges and apples.toss with dressing.
- May be prepared early in the day and assembled just before serving.
Very good, simple recipe. I love the dressing as it is light yet flavorful. I will be making this frequently!
What a simple, easy to make and delicious salad! I wanted a nice salad with dinner and was tired of the same-ole-salad. I remembered saving yours in my cookbook to make someday. I was surprised that everything in the salad, I had, despite my need to grocery shop soon! I was not sure about such a simple dressing, but trusted the recipe and it works! Very delicious. I might add to others....do NOT skip on making the sugared almonds to put on this. They were fabulous as a crunchy, sweet addition! A+ to you Grandma!! :-)