- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 whole green onions, chopped
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 crisp apple, chopped
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pan over medium heat, heat almonds and sugar, stirring constantly till almonds are coated -- and sugar is dissolved.watch so they don't burn --
- Cool and store in tight container.
- Mix all dressing ingredients and chill.
- Mix celery, lettuce and onions, just before serving, add almonds.oranges and apples.toss with dressing.
- May be prepared early in the day and assembled just before serving.