Recipe by kyky
I ran across this recipe in an old cookbook that I found in a second hand store. I thought it sounded interesting, tried it and my kids thought it was great. It is kind of a spin on sweet and sour pork but instead of pineapple you use mandarin oranges. I add a little corn starch to the sauce when I cook it so it gets thicker.
- 4 pork chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add pork chops and saute until golden brown on both sides.
- Stir together vinegar, orange juice, brown sugar and ginger.
- Pour over pork chops in skillet.
- Turn up heat and boil liquid for about 2 minutes or until about half the liquid is left in the pan.
- Remove from heat and remove chops from skillet.
- Add mandarin oranges to the sauce.
- Spoon sauce over pork chops before serving.