Recipe by Sherry Clark
This is a delicious moist cake, and is very pretty to the eye. I have never made it as a layer cake, but I think it would look lovely. Everyone that tastes this loves it, and it is very simple to make.
Top Review by Ashleybakes
Sunrise Cake! This is my husband's favorite. My grandmother-in-law makes this cake regularly, with a couple small changes. She uses the entire egg (not just the whites) and butter recipe golden or yellow cake mix. We make it in a layer cake with three 8" layers, and in the icing use only the cool whip, pudding, and pineapple (no kiwi/strawberry/or coconut)
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 can mandarin oranges in juice
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (I made mine w/o) (optional)
- kiwi fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- With mixer, blend all ingredients together.
- Pour into 9 x 13 pan sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 min.
- Cool Icing: With mixer, blend all ingredients, Cut strawberries and kiwi very thin and fold into mixture.
- Can also add mandarin oranges.
- Frost cool cake.