Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can make this the day before serving but don't whip the topping whip cream until shortly before serving. You can also eliminate the whip cream topping and garnish with mandarin orange slices (for a lower fat version).
- Mix graham wafer crumbs, sugar and melted butter together.
- Spread in the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Mix gelatine with cold water.
- Stir in boiling water.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Refrigerate until it starts to thicken.
- Whip cream until thick.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the gelatine mixture, until blended.
- Fold in the mandarin oranges.
- Spoon into the crumb crust.
- Top with the remaining whipped cream.
- Refrigerate 3- 4 hours.
Excellent! Delicious. I used mandarin segments on top as well instead of whipped cream. Light and refreshing, yet indulgent. I'll make this again!!!
Yum Brenda a lovely refreshing dessert. I doubled the mandarins and used mandarin segments to decorate without using the whipped cream on top. I had some filling left over so put it into a large wine glass. Result was up market and impressive. Great for dinner party to impress!