Recipe by BrendaM
You can make this the day before serving but don't whip the topping whip cream until shortly before serving. You can also eliminate the whip cream topping and garnish with mandarin orange slices (for a lower fat version).
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix graham wafer crumbs, sugar and melted butter together.
- Spread in the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Mix gelatine with cold water.
- Stir in boiling water.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Refrigerate until it starts to thicken.
- Whip cream until thick.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the gelatine mixture, until blended.
- Fold in the mandarin oranges.
- Spoon into the crumb crust.
- Top with the remaining whipped cream.
- Refrigerate 3- 4 hours.