Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a salad recipe from a family friend. It's called a salad but it's really more of a dessert. It's so good!
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (The larger box)
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (18 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- Whip buttermilk and pudding together. Add oranges and fold in Cool Whip.
- Before serving add crushed oreo cookies.
I make this. But instead of the Oreos I use Fudge Stripe cookies. I crumble the cookies on top and it is SO good.
This is a very interesting dessert. The buttermilk had such a great flavor with the oranges. I spooned this into an Oreo cookie crust, and cooled for 2 hours. I want to try it with a graham cracker crust too. Also, I only used half the bag of cookies, just because I already had them in the crust I used. Made and Reviewed for Football Pool #16 - Congrats on your win! Thanks :)
Definitely a dessert, at least from my point of view! Loved the use of the Oreo cookies AND the buttermilk & they go so well with the oranges! This is something I want to keep around! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]