Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are as close to Debbie Fields' muffin as you are going to get. They are scrumptious.
Make and share this Mandarin Orange Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup mandarin orange, whole or chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar, for sprinkling
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet and ingredients and add to dry, and fold in with spatula.
- Fold in fruit.
- Add to tins (greased).
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375°, 20-25 min.
- NOTE: I use texas-sized muffin tins.
- This makes 6, and I have enough batter leftover for two muffins.
- It freezes beautifully.
Yum! These muffins turned out to be very flavorful and tender. I reduced the amount of brown sugar to 1/2 cup and the muffins were still nicely sweet. I sprinkled the top of the muffins with sugar in the raw. I did not chop up the mandarin oranges but they broke up a bit when I stirred them into the batter. This recipe made 18 regular sized muffins.
Not the description, not the reviews, prepared me for this recipe. These are the most amazing, flavorful, hug myself muffins I've ever eaten. The best bakery or restaurant muffin does not compare. Thank you for this treasure that I'm passing down in the family.
Yum! These were great! I used raisins instead of cranberries since we had a large bag. Made these to use up some mandarin oranges my toddler decided he no longer likes even though he asks for them. He likes these muffins, though. I made into mini muffins and have a ton in the freezer! made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.