Recipe by *Pixie*
A nice salad side dish with mandarin oranges and sesame seeds. Prep time includes chilling.
Top Review by Happy Harry #2
This salad graced my Thanksgiving table and really did shine! Most times people are so anxious to eat all the goodies that the salad is "left in the cold". Let me tell you that was not the case here. I had nine adults and three children at the table. I made enough for fifteen people. Well, some way into the dinner my DIL asked if there was any more salad in the fridge. It was all gone!! Now THAT tells you all you need to know about this tasty dish.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 3 cups bite-size pieces lettuce
- 2 cups bite-size pieces spinach leaves (cleaned, no stems)
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix (or shake) the first five ingredients until well blended.
- Pour mixture over mandarin orange segments in a salad bowl (I like to use a glass or clear salad bowl for this recipe), cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled.
- About 15-20 minutes.
- Add the lettuce, spinach, mushrooms, bean sprouts, onions to the mandarins in the salad bowl and toss well.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.