Recipe by JanetB-KY
A tasty little cookie that comes from the about.com site. I have made this once (today actually lol) and used semi sweet chocolate and added a teaspoon of orange extract....very very good. Prep time includes chilling time for dough.
Top Review by Singin'Chef
I can't believe this recipe has gone so long without a review! I made it exactly as written PLUS added about 1/8 tsp. orange oil...mainly because the marmalade I had didn't pack enough of a flavor punch for me. The mandarins measured a scant 1/2 cup, for those who also don't have a small can around! Even though I goofed up and forgot to turn the temp down from 350 (I had other cookies baking prior to these) they baked up just fine in about 12 minutes! I delivered them to a fundraiser and promptly went off to buy the ingredients to make another batch! (I even found marmalade made with regular sugar!) A definite addition to the Christmas baking this year! THANK YOU!
- 650.62 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 177.44 ml salted butter, at room temperature
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 large egg
- 118.29 ml orange marmalade
- 226.79 g can mandarin oranges, chopped and drained
- 236.59 ml white chocolate chips
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F & Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and blend with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture appears grainy but well-mixed.
- Add egg and orange marmalade, beating until smooth; reduce mixer speed to low and add flour mixture and mandarin oranges.
- Mix only until combined; do not overmix.
- Fold in white chocolate chips; chill mixture for 30 to 60 minutes to firm up.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheets, placing cookies 1-1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until bottoms just begin to brown.
- Let rest on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before using a spatula to move them to racks.
- Cool to room temperature and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.