Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Two ingredients, lime zest and dressing, 10 minutes top to prepare. I chilled, covered for 2 hours, kids and adults alike loved it! Served with shrimp kabobs and grilled steak. Served in a glass dish, elegant! So easy and refreshing!
Top Review by FloridaNative
This was really good, and a nice way to use jicama, which I have found I really like ! I used another recipe for the dressing as I don't really care for lemon poppy seed. I used recipe#244229 #244229 for the dressing, which I thought went quite well. I loved the crunchy-sweet textures of this salad, and I will definitely make it again. Thanks for posting - made for "Come to a Garden Party" tag on the Diabetic Forum.
- 1⁄3 large jicama, peeled and cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 lime, zest of, 4-5 strips of lime zest
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 kraft poppy seed dressing
- plastic wrap
Directions See How It's Made
- Add jicama chunks and mandarin orange sections in glass bowl.
- Lightly toss.
- Sprinkle lime zest over the tossed fruit.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top. Do not stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
- Note: Finish zesting the lime and freeze in a little packet. Roll the zested lime around on the countertop with slight pressure as you roll. Cut open and squeeze the juice and pulp. Freeze for later use.