Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Two ingredients, lime zest and dressing, 10 minutes top to prepare. I chilled, covered for 2 hours, kids and adults alike loved it! Served with shrimp kabobs and grilled steak. Served in a glass dish, elegant! So easy and refreshing!
- 1⁄3 large jicama, peeled and cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 lime, zest of, 4-5 strips of lime zest
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 kraft poppy seed dressing
- plastic wrap
- Add jicama chunks and mandarin orange sections in glass bowl.
- Lightly toss.
- Sprinkle lime zest over the tossed fruit.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top. Do not stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
- Note: Finish zesting the lime and freeze in a little packet. Roll the zested lime around on the countertop with slight pressure as you roll. Cut open and squeeze the juice and pulp. Freeze for later use.
This was really good, and a nice way to use jicama, which I have found I really like ! I used another recipe for the dressing as I don't really care for lemon poppy seed. I used recipe#244229 #244229 for the dressing, which I thought went quite well. I loved the crunchy-sweet textures of this salad, and I will definitely make it again. Thanks for posting - made for "Come to a Garden Party" tag on the Diabetic Forum.
Great! My first time with jicama, and I am quite pleased. I was glad to find mandarin oranges packed in juice and not syrup, and I made my own "dressing" of fat free mayo, lemon juice, Splenda, and poppy seed. I liked the lime a lot and added more, using bottled lime juice instead of zest (as I did not have a fresh lime.) I served this with Asian cuisine, it was a lovely side. Thanks MHS!