Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe came from a magazine back in the 50's. It is always asked for at family holiday dinners. It is sweet and tart and a bit unusual.
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 (8 -12 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 12 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- Dissolve Jello in 2 cups boiling water.
- Stir in 12 oz can of frozen OJ, will be soft set in just a bit.
- Then stir in drained mandarin oranges.
- Chill 4 hours or so until firmly set.
This was perfect to accompany my Easter ham. Super easy with a light, refreshing flavor. To make it diabetic friendly for my DH, I used sugar free Jello and mandarin oranges in a Light syrup. Thanks, OhMyStars! Everyone loved it.
Very good and so easy! Took this along with a casserole to a friend who broke her ankle...I'll be making this again. Thanks, Hazeleyes