1/1 Photo of Mandarin Orange Grilling Sauce
A clipped out recipe that went with a grilled chicken dinner. I find this side sauce very refreshing in the summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon and orange peel.
- 2Stir in the orange and lemon juices and bring to a boil; stirring constantly.
- 3Boil for 1 minute and then remove from heat.
- 4Stir in orange segments.
- 5Cover and keep warm until ready to serve with main dish.
- 6MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:.
- 7In a 4-cup measure, combine cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon and orange peel.
- 8Gradually stir in orange and lemon juices.
- 9Microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes or until mixture boils, stirring each minute.
- 10Keep microwaving to boil it one full minute.
- 11Stir in orange segments.
- 12Cover and keep warm until ready to serve with main dish.
- 13GRILLED CHICKEN DISH:(just in case).
- 14Pound 4 boneless chicken breasts to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- 15In a small dish combine 2 tbls. melted butter with 1/4 tsp cinnamon and use this to baste the chicken while grilling.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin Orange Grilling Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g