Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Another of Betty Crocker's Most Requested Recipes. Refrigeration of 8-24 hours needed on this one.
Top Review by Spencer #2
This tasted just like French Toast but was easy to make for a crowd. I served with real maple syrup, instead of the orange marmalade. Next time, I might add some cinnamon. And more oranges might be tastier.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 10 slices French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (9 cups)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- powdered sugar, if desired
- 1 (12 ounce) jar orange marmalade, heated
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat first seven (7) ingredients together until smooth. Stir in bread cubes until coated.
- Pour bread mixture into casserole. Top evenly with orange segments. Cover. Refrigerated at least 8 hours but no longer that 24.
- Heat oven to 400°. Uncover bread mixture and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve with orange marmalade.