Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fast, simple and lite dessert to end a holiday meal.
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange, w/ juice (or 1 can)
- 1 pint Orange sherbet
- Dissolve the orange Jell-o gelatin powder in the 2 cups of boiling water.
- Stir in orange sections with the juice.
- Add the sherbet icecream by spoonfuls; stir until melted.
- Pour into serving size dessert cups.
- Chill well.
Living in Israel, it's difficult to get some ingredients... like canned mandarin oranges, orange gelatin, and orange sherbet. So, I used pineapple gelatin, fresh clementinas/tangerines plus a touch of fresh orange juice, and grapefruit sherbet for a citrus dessert. Yum! I can't wait to try it the original way on my next visit back to the US.