1/1 Photo of Mandarin Orange Chicken Tossed Salad
4 hrs 20 mins
From Light & Tasty magazine...submitted by R. Heimerl. I love - just love - this salad! I've served it many times for lunch buddies! The dressing is what makes this dish! I hope you enjoy it too! **Time: allow 1-2 hours of time to marinate chicken and then afterwards another 1-2 hours to chill chicken after cooking. I like to cook the chicken the day before so the salad itself is easy to throw together.***
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 8 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained well
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced very thin
- 1In a zippered plastic bag (gallon size), combine the chicken and teriyaki sauce. Seal the bag, turn to coat and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to marinate.
- 2Drain and throw away the marinade and place chicken cubes into a large skillet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- 3Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes over a medium-med. high heat, stirring often until it is cooked through (180 degrees F).
- 4Refrigerate chicken until chilled (about 2 more hours).
- 5In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients along with the prepared chicken.
- 6In a large jar with a tight lid, combine the dressing ingredients and shake well.
- 7Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss salad to coat.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin Orange Chicken Tossed Salad
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.9
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 456.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium teriyaki sauce
mixed salad greens
white wine vinegar