Recipe by MigJ
This would also be great as a lettuce wrap - instead of tearing the lettuce, lay the salad in it, add the dressing; wrap and eat.
Top Review by Theresa P
I really liked this light, sweet, colorful, chicken salad. It had a nice bite from the red onion but, it really was a bit too sweet for my taste. I added some fresh chopped cilantro and some salt and pepper. I am going to use this recipe again, maybe trying a splash of red wine vinegar and cutting back on the honey. I really enjoyed this recipe! Thanks for sharing !
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 cup green grape
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- chow mein noodles
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cool cooked chicken breasts, cut into cubes. Place in mixing bowl with mandarin oranges, green grapes and red onion. Lightly toss together.
- Meanwhile, combine all dressing ingredients and pour over chicken, stirring to coat. Spoon chicken salad over bed of greens. Sprinkle chow mein noodles over salad.