Recipe by SusieQusie
Yes, another one. This recipe gets a flavor pop by marinating the chicken in a tart mustardy sauce.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
When I saw the spinach ingredient I almost passed this recipe by, until I realized I didn't have to cook the stuff! The only change I made was to add an additional 4 orange segments to each plate, casually lined up to one side of the chicken. Great tasting chicken, & thanks much for the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 large fresh spinach leaves
- 16 unsweetened mandarin orange segments
- 4 green onions, tops included, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade: In a large resealable plastic bag, mix vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, pepper, tarragon and oil. Remove and reserve 1/2 cup for dressing the final salad.
- Slice chicken into strips about 2-inches long. (Chicken that is partially frozen is easier to slice). Add chicken pieces to marinade in the bag; seal and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, wash and thoroughly dry spinach leaves. Line 4 salad plates with leaves and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drain mandarin oranges and chill segments.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and add to the skillet.Saute chicken strips for 7-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Assembly: divide chicken equally among 4 spinach lined plates. Top each plate with 4 orange segments and 1/4 of the green onions. Drizzle each plate with 2 tablespoons of the reserved marinade/dressing.
- Serve immediately.