Recipe by Geema
Not very authentic or traditional...just delicious.
Top Review by Bev
Geema, this was so much fun to prepare and we enjoyed our dinner so much! Such a nice combination of flavors! I prepared as directed, but next time I make it, I think I will add a touch more orange juice and hosin sauce to make a bit more sauce because it was sooooo good! I served it over rice as you suggested. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us, Geema!
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 chicken tenders or 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour in a small bowl.
- Dredge chicken in the flour to lightly coat.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a medium skillet over medium heat, and saute the chicken breasts until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Set aside, and keep warm.
- Stir hoisin sauce, red pepper flakes and orange juice into the skillet, and scrape up the browned bits.
- Let cook for a few minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- Return chicken, mandarin oranges, green onions, and cashews, to the skillet.
- Continue cooking just until all ingredients are heated through.
- Serve over hot rice.