Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious, aromatic, quick and easy. This came from Taste Of Home Cooking For 2. I have not tried this posting for safe keeping.
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 1⁄2 cup french salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- Place chicken in an 11x7x2"-inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty foil. In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, soy sauce, bouillon, garlic powder, ginger, and chili powder. Brush over chicken. Sprinkle with onion.
- Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. Pour 1/4 cup of the reserved juice around chicken. Cover and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in pan drippings and remaining reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in oranges; cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. Serve sauce over chicken and rice.