Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Thia Cooking and More
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- chow mein noodles (optional)
- hot cooked rice
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil, orange zest and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Add chicken and turn to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes to an hour.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Drain oranges, reserving liquid; set aside.
- Combine marinade with the reserved liquid from oranges in a small bowl; add enough orange juice to make 2 cups.
- Whisk in cornstarch and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through; remove and set aside.
- Stir-fry onion 1 minute over high heat.
- Add zucchini; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper; stir-fry until all vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add orange juice mixture; cook and stir until it comes to a boil; boil 1 minute.
- Add chicken; cook until hot.
- Add oranges and stir gently.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with Chow Mein noodles if desired.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.