Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Roasted chicken breast halves basted with orange juice and wine, and cooked with mandarin segments and green seedless grapes. Just y-u-m-m-y for those who love citrus flavourings. I've only made this once, but I intend to experiment by varying the citrus flavourings: by substituting some or all of the orange juice for lemon or lime juice, or a blending of several citrus juices. And knowing how well rum blends with orange juice, I have considered using rum next time in place of the wine. That would make it even more of a dinner party dish! Adapted from a truly terrific book (when it comes to recipe books, I rate as 'terrific' a book in which LOTS of the recipes appeal to me, AFTER I’ve purchased the book, not just one or two) Rodale's "Terrific Chicken: 100 Great Meals in Minutes". Not all one hundred appeal to me but I've so far found several that I’m really glad to have found, and that I’ll certainly be making again, and there are several others that I look forward to making. This recipe was from a section called 'Weekend Fare'. I do hope that other citrus lovers enjoy this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Stir the wine, thawed orange juice concentrate, marmelade and ginger together in a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Add the chicken, turning once or twice so that both sides are well-coated.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake the chicken, basting occasionally with the pan juices, for 35 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, add the mandarin orange segments and the grapes.
- Serve over rice or noodles, with your favourite side dish or salad.
Absolutely 5 star plus - We loved it. I took a couple of liberties I used fresh orange segments instead of canned manderin, fresh orange juice instead of concentrated. I let the cheicken marinate in the juice/wine mixture for 4 hours. The flavor is wonderful The orange comes through in a very subtle way. This is one recipe that I will make over & over - Perfect for special company too!
What a wonderful recipe!!! Love the citrus flavor with the chicken. I added some dried cranberries along with the mandarin oranges. Served with a pecan/orange rice.
This is more than a 5 star recipe!! This made for such tasty chicken!! Loved the mix of orange marmalade and the fruits!! Used red grapes instead of green and made the recipe as is (used chicken broth - but I am sure it would even be better with wine!!) - Thanks bluemoon! :)