Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The carrots with the mandarin oranges made a sweet yet refreshing slaw. Great way to get the kids to eat veggies and fruit.
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 cup halved green seedless grape
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat orange yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all salad ingredients in a serving bowl, mix well.
- Combine dressing ingredients; whisk to blend thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
Very tasty and very, very good for you! It had my BF's two favorite fruits (mandarin oranges and grapes), plus I had a bag of leftover shredded carrots so I just had to try this recipe! Made my BF happy too. I used red grapes, vanilla non-fat yogurt and threw in some leftover scallions (as per other reviewers' recommendations). I also put in a dash of salt. Can't wait to eat leftovers tomorrow for breakfast:D Maybe I will add a tad more vinegar, but I have nothing but great to say for this recipe as is!
We really enjoyed this carrot salad Paula! I made this using regular orange yogurt in place of low-fat and also just used 3 large carrots, remember to hand-squeeze out most extra moisture in the carrots or you will have a very watery salad! Thank, Kitten:)
I was especially fond of this salad dressing. I added some orange juice concentrate to plain yogurt. Didn't think of it until dinner was over but I think this would be great with a little green onion added.