Recipe by Jen Andrews
This is the moistest cake I have ever eaten. The frosting is a hit with people who don't like regular frosting. I have also left the cake unfrosted and then frosted individuals pieces as it was eaten. The cake and the frosting kept covered in the fridge for about a week. Cooking time includes chilling time.
Top Review by Ann Cecile
This is a incredibly light and delicious dessert. The first time I had it, my neighbor brought over two slices on a plate. The next day, my husband asked if we could take the empty plate back to get more. It actually reminds me of something that would be served at a gourmet Italian restaurant. When I make this cake, I use 3 - 9 inch round cake pans and bake for 20-25 minutes. This allows for layers of the fluffy frosting - absolutely heavenly!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix, without pudding.
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (have used SF with good results)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake mix, oranges, eggs& oil.
- Beat for 2 minutes at high speed.
- Beat at low speed for one minute more.
- Pour into 13 x 9 ungreased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes.
- For Frosting: Combine Pineapple and pudding mix, beat for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Frost cake and chill at least 2 hours.