Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My aunt made this for Easter, and everyone loved it...no leftovers:(It is very simple and makes a nice presentation. I am not a big fan of mandarin oranges, but this cake is divine. I chop up the oranges just because I don't like big hunks of oranges, but you can leave them whole if you wish. A must try!! Baking time is approximate.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, with juice (I coarsely chop, but they may be left whole)
- 1 cup coarsley chopped pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- Spray 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Beat together all cake ingredients for 4 minutes.
- Bake cake according to time on box.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix together all frosting ingredients.
- Spread on cooled cake and refrigerate until serving.
Made this yesterday for my mom's birthday and everybody loved it. I used a cup of coconut instead of the pecans. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to add the mandarin oranges with the cake stuff, so I just threw everything in and after beating for 4 minutes, there was no trace of the madarins. Perhaps I was supposed to add them after beating, but it tasted good anyways!
delicious, light & refreshing. Thanks!