Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- In a large bowl combine the eggs and sugar.
- Beat until light and fluffy,about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl sift together the flour, salt,and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into greased and floured 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 325-degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove from pans immediately.
- Let stand for 24 hours before slicing.
- Makes 2 loaves.
I actually disagree with the other reviewer! I thought it had nice flavor and the texture is amazing. It wont go to waste at our house!
I love how this recipe uses no fats or oils and has oatmeal in it! The texture is quite nice, but suprisingly VERY lacking in taste. I threw basically all of it away. I would recommend adding some cinnamon or at least vanilla or orange extract or maybe some orange zest to try to help it out in the taste department. Sorry to leave negative feedback but I feel this bread could be very good with some tweaking.