Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my MIL's stand-by's. Always popular.
- 1⁄2 head lettuce
- 1 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup drained mandarin orange
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- Toss lettuce, celery, parsley, and green onions.
- Mix oil, vinegar, Tabasco, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Dress salad, sprinkle with oranges and almonds, serve.
Light, fresh, colorful and delicious! I made this as written, including the celery. I loved the toasted almonds against the sweetness of the oranges. I'll be making this again. Thanx!
This salad is awesome! It's refreshing and just ever-so-slightly sweet. I used sliced almonds and roasted them in sugar for an little extra "something." It was gobbled up quickly by everyone at our party!