Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) packagejell-o brand orange gelatin or 2 (3 ounce) packagesjell-o brand orange gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed, divided
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water.
- Place orange segments in 6-cup mold, spoon 2 cups gelatin mixture into mold over oranges.
- Refrigerate about 30 minute or until set, but not firm (should stick to finger).
- Meanwhile, refrigerate remaining gelatin mixture about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping with wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour over gelatin layer in mold.
- Refrigerater 4 hours or until firm then unmold.
- Serve with remaining whipped topping.
- Store leftover gelatin mold in refrigerator.