Recipe by muffinlady
Easy Lemony angel Pie with mandarin slices. It utilizes a mix. Once a child was sick and of all food supplied could only eat this pie Very light and airy
- 3 1⁄2 ounces lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 meringue pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pudding mix, sugar & 1/4 cup water in saucepan.
- blend in egg yolks.
- Drain Oranges reserve syrup.
- To syrup add lemon juice & enough water to make 1 3/4 cup. stir into pudding mix.
- Cook & Stir over med. heat til thick & Bubbly.
- Remove from heat - Cool.
- Whip cream til soft peaks form.
- fold cream & 3/4 cup oranges into pudding mix.
- Spoon into prepared meringue shell.
- Chill overnight.
- top with remaining orange segments & if desired add whipped cream.