Recipe by litldarlin
This is a recipe for a wonderful and very tasty chicken dinner and the Kahlua Seasoning sauce that goes with it.
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup water chestnut, finely chopped
Kahlua seasoning sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chicken meat fine and mix with soy sauce and Kahlua.
- Let stand while assembling other ingredients.
- Then stir-fry chicken in hot oil for 1 minute.
- Add ham and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in mushrooms, onion and water chestnuts.
- Add Kahlúa Seasoning Sauce,.
- Stir-fry until chicken is tender and mixture well-blended (1 or 2 minutes longer).
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot, or at room temperature as a filling for crisp cold endive or small romaine lettuce spears.
- Filling may be made a day ahead, or frozen, then reheated quickly.
- Kahlúa Seasoning Sauce:.
- Mix and set aside Kahlúa and chicken broth; fresh lemon juice; chili powder and cornstarch; grated fresh ginger, hot mustard, salt, and garlic.