1/3 Photos of Mandarin Hot and Sour Pork Soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups soup stock, 6-8 cups
- 1/2 square bean curd (optional)
- 3 dried black mushrooms, Soaked and shredded
- 4 wood ear mushrooms, Soaked and shredded. (optional)
- 1 slice ham, cooked, shredded (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili oil (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 lb pork, lean
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoot, Shredded
- 2 tablespoons button mushrooms, sliced (canned)
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, disolved in 3 teaspoons of water
- 1Bring soup stock to a boil, add.
- 2shredded pork, black mushrooms and wood ears.
- 3Cook 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add remainder of ingredients and seasonings (except cornstarch, eggs, and green onion) reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 5Thicken with cornstarch and turn off heat.
- 6Slowly pour in beaten eggs in a thin stream while stirring.
- 7Serve immediately.
- 8Garnish with green onion.
- 9If soup is to be prepared ahead of time, do not add cornstarch and eggs until serving time.
- 10Otherwise the egg will be overcooked and spoil the appearance.
- 11Soup should be quite hot and sour.
- 12Adjust the hotness with varying amount of white pepper and the sourness with different amounts of vinegar.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin Hot and Sour Pork Soup
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 130.1 mg
- Sodium 741.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: