Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The first time these steaks hit my grill, one of my next-door neighbors came over to the fence to inquire where the wonderful smell was coming from. Let me tell ya, these are so easy and scrumptious! This is my favorite way to eat pork steaks. NOTE: Marinade time isn't included in the "time to make."
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 -6 pork steaks
- MARINADE: In small mixing bowl, stir bouillon cube into boiling water until cube is dissolved; then add remaining ingredients, except pork; mix well.
- Place pork steaks in resealable 1-gallon storage or freezer bag; add marinade and seal bag.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours up to overnight, turning meat occasionally.
- Prepare outdoor grill.
- Grill the pork steaks 4 inches from coals, 12-15 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Baste the steaks frequently with marinade while cooking.
These were very tasty! Not as tender as I had hoped, so I gave it just 4 stars. Will most definately make again, though. THANKS for sharing!
This was amazing! I marinated it for a little over 24 hours and they were wonderful. Not too sweet and not too salty with the soy sauce. Will be making again!! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
This marinade gives a nice Asian taste to these pork steaks. The steaks were marinaded over night. I prefer a little more flavor on mine. When I fix this in the future, I'll reduce the leftover marinade on the stove top and brush it on the steaks the last couple minutes of cooking time. I'll be making this again. Thank you for posting. Made for *Zaar Cookbook Tag 2009* game