Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious and different way to fix your fresh green beans. :)
- 1 lb cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons blanched almond halves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon water
- Boil 4 cups water in a pot and add green beans.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Drain liquid and save.
- Lightly brown almonds in oil.
- Add celery and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of liquid from the boiled beans, chicken bouillon, soy sauce, sugar and lemon juice.
- Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in green beans until hot through.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook until sauce thickens.
This is a true five-star recipe--a restaurant quality dish that's a cinch to make. I messed up steps 6-8 and accidentally mixed it all up at once, but it didn't affect the outcome. Wonderful flavor and perfectly crisp-tender texture. Thanks so much for posting another winner! (p.s. step 6 says vinegar but I assumed you meant lemon juice since vinegar wasn't listed as an ingredient)