Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Sometimes I will bone the chops and cut them into strips before browning. It cooks quicker and the pork is more tender. Served over rice, this has always been one of my daughters' favorite meals.
- 6 thick pork chops
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Brown pork chops on both sides in hot oil.
- Drain mandarin oranges, saving juice.
- Combine 1/2 cup juice with remaining ingredients; pour over pork chops.
- Pour oranges over all.
- Cover and simmer gently for 45 minutes or until chops are tender.
Quick, great flavor and easy. Awesome recipe! We used pork cube steaks (which took a lot less time to brown/cook) and this recipe took roughly 15 minutes to prepare start to finish. Thank you!
My Family loved this, which lately is amazing! A definate keeper. I used all the juice and thickend a little with corn starch to use as a sauce for rice too.
This is definitely a great great pork & mandarin orange sauce recipe. Our family is a huge sauce fan so I included all the juice from the mandarin oranges and then thicken the sauce with water & cornstarch. I also doubled the cloves to give a good clove spice kick. Adding this recipe to the monthly dinner routine.