Recipe by GinnyP
Quick and colorful!
Top Review by SilentCricket
Ginny, I'm giving your recipe 4 **** because I really enjoyed the flavor. As I was cooking the sauce, I tasted some and thought, "MMMMM, that's good!!!!" I loved having the mandarin sections in there too! I even halved the recipe because I only had one can of beets (but I did stick with one whole can of oranges.)Unfortunately, I couldn't change the opinion of my family on beets, but let it be known, that I thought there were yummy and I'd make them again! :)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 ounce) canssliced beets, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- Add the lemon juice and butter.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the beets; heats through.
- Gently stir in the oranges (Gently! Or the oranges will turn red!); heat through.