4 hrs 20 mins
You can always count on my mother-in-law to pull some delicious dessert out of the freezer on a moments notice. She likes to make them ahead in case company or family drops by. This one was delicious and she gave me the recipe. Thanks Mary Lee! (Preparation includes 4 hours for freezing)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove ice cream from freezer and in a large bowl scoop out the amount needed of each flavor for the recipe. Set aside to soften.
- 2In a sauce pan, melt the margarine/butter, add the flour, sugar, coconut and mix well, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and reserve 1/4 cup for topping.
- 4Spray a 9-inch square pan with Pam spray.
- 5Press the rest of the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Place in freezer to cool.
- 6Return to the bowl with ice creams. They should be softened by now. If not, wait a few more minutes and then mix gently until they swirl and are still two distinct colors.
- 7Spread over crust and top with reserve topping.
- 8Cover and freeze 4 hours.
- 9Cut and serve using mandarin orange slice to garnish.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin Freeze Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 193.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 4.1 g