Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
You can always count on my mother-in-law to pull some delicious dessert out of the freezer on a moments notice. She likes to make them ahead in case company or family drops by. This one was delicious and she gave me the recipe. Thanks Mary Lee! (Preparation includes 4 hours for freezing)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄2 pints Orange sherbet, softened
- 1 1⁄2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- Remove ice cream from freezer and in a large bowl scoop out the amount needed of each flavor for the recipe. Set aside to soften.
- In a sauce pan, melt the margarine/butter, add the flour, sugar, coconut and mix well, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and reserve 1/4 cup for topping.
- Spray a 9-inch square pan with Pam spray.
- Press the rest of the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Place in freezer to cool.
- Return to the bowl with ice creams. They should be softened by now. If not, wait a few more minutes and then mix gently until they swirl and are still two distinct colors.
- Spread over crust and top with reserve topping.
- Cover and freeze 4 hours.
- Cut and serve using mandarin orange slice to garnish.