Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this over fried or grilled fish, grilled chicken, or pork. A handy salsa when you have no fresh fruit. Jicama makes an even crunchier, sweeter salsa, if you can get it.
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges in juice, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup diced cucumbers or 3⁄4 cup jicama
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 -4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- Combine all ingredients, toss to combine.