Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A friend brought this to a pot luck lunch, and it was such a hit with everyone! I asked for the recipe and she graciously gave it to me. Actually I thought it was a salad, as it was not placed with the other desserts. So - it could be used either way. We really like this at our house!
- 2 cups cold buttermilk
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (12 ounce) carton whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) packagefudge-striped shortbread cookies, coarsely crushed
- In a bowl, whisk the buttermilk and pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in whipped topping and oranges.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until serving time.
- Fold in crushed cookies.